Location:Home > Foreign Investment in China > China Work (Z) Visa Application
China Work (Z) Visa Application
Information provider:zanya consultants    Updated:2016/10/25    Website:www.companyformation86.com

Overview of Work (Z) Visa in China


A work visa is required for persons wanting to work in China for pay and their accompanying family members.  It is also issued to aliens who come to China for commercial entertainment performance. It is only granted if you and the employer meet certain requirements.  First, the organisation must be accredited to employ foreigners.  You must meet the requirements as a 'foreign expert' and the employer must obtain a certificate stating that you comply.  The most common employment is teaching English for which the minimum qualifications are stated as having English as a first language and having at least a Bachelors degree.  However, there is some flexibility in these requirements so if you can find a willing employer they still have a chance of obtaining approvals for you. 



1.   Applicant's valid actual passport with at least six months validity left before expiration and at least one blank page left in it.
2.   One truly completed Visa Application Form and the Supplementary Visa Application Form. 
3.   One recent passport standard photo affixed on the Application Form.
4.   "Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit" or "Confirmation Letter of Invitation"
5.   Work Permit (one of the following work permits):
a)   Foreign experts, scholars, teachers or managers to be working in Mainland of China should
provide the Confirmation Letter for Foreign Experts from the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs of the PRC.  


b) Chief Representative of the permanent office of foreign enterprise in PRC should provide the Registration Certificate from the local Administration for Industry and Commerce.


c) Foreigners engaged in offshore petroleum operations in PRC should provide an Invitation Letter issued by China National Offshore Oil Corporation;


d) Foreigners to be engaged in commercial entertainment performance in China should provide the temporary commercial entertainment performance permit from the Ministry of Culture of the PRC. If the band has not more than five members, only the Visa Notification from the Foreign Affairs Office of province, autonomous region or municipality is required.


e) Other foreigners who comes to china for employment should provide the Employment Certificate for Foreigners (Work Permit) issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security of the PRC.


6.   For the accompanying family members, they are not required to provide a Visa Notification Form or a Working Permit; they should provide Proof of Relative Relationship e.g. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, etc


How to apply

1.  You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside;
2.  If you cannot come in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to drop off your application at the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside.
a)   No appointment is required.

b)   Mailed applications are not acceptableand will be refused. 


Processing Time

1.  The regular processing time is 4 working days.
2.  Express service: 2-3 working days processing, $20 will be charged per visa.
3.  Same day rush service: additional fees of $30 for 1 working day processing (applications presented before 12:30pm may be picked up between 2:30pm-3:00pm on the same day).

Additional Information

1.  If the visa application form is not filled out completely, correctly and legibly, this can cause a delay in processing or refusal of the requested visa.
2.  ( Z ) visa is valid for one entry, three months. The holder of a (Z) visa shall go through residential formalities in the local public security department within thirty days of entry into China.
3.  Visa Officers may require some other relevant documents.
4.  Any person suffering from a mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other such infectious diseases shall not be permitted to enter China.


For further information or assistance, please feel free to contact us


Tel: (86.20); 37887606         Mobile: 13928789801 (You can inquire in English)

Fax: (86.20);37887609        E-mail:2291837655@qq.com

Wechat:563491716             Skype: zanyaco                  

QQ: 1502027480                  Website: http://www. companyformation86.com

Address: Room 1001, No.621, Tianhe Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, China

Zanya Consultants

Tel: (86 20) 37887606

Mobile: (86) 13928789801



Email: 2291837655@qq.com

Add:Rm1703, KB.Digital Plaza,Shi p

ai xi Rd,No.8,Tianhe District,GZ



China Office Tel: +86(20)37887606    Fax: +86(20)37887609      Wechat:563491716
Website:www.companyformation86.com      Email:2291837655@qq.com
All Rights Reserved © Zanya Int’L Consulting Limited